Thursday, October 9, 2014

Friday Five- Scary movies

I used to say, "Gosh, who doesn't like scary movies?" And then I got married to the most anti-horror movie person I know. FFS my friends Briana & Donovan & I went to see Freddy VS Jason right before I got married. I mean that was the last fling before the ring.

So, I love scary movies even if I don't often get to watch them anymore.

So, welcome to Friday Five: Carrie's favorite scary movies:

Warning: These movies are old school.

1. The Nightmare on Elm Street
Freddy Krueger flipping rocks! My Mom took me to the movie theater to see some of them. I was 8 or 9. My big sister is a scary movie freak too.

2. Friday the 13th series
Admittedly they did get stupider than all hell near the end but Freddy VS Jason made my heart go pitter patter. I loved the movies.

3. Hellraiser
Because Halloween without Pinhead is sad man.

4. Halloween
Jamie Lee Curtis was classic in this movies.

5. The Haunting
Two words: Liam Neeson!! I love that man. I loved the house in the movie and I loved the cast.

Bonus-

The Monster Squad is an awesome kid friendly Halloween movie that my kids think is silly as hell.

Sleep Away Camp 2: Unhappy Campers is a campy, silly B gory movie with a death scene that makes my top 5 best death scenes ever. It involves an outhouse and makes me giggle.

Don't Go In The Woods- I saw this at a Houston Tribeca Film Festival event and loved it. Everyone sings and everyone dies. It has another death scene that makes my top 5. It is campy and goofy and a lot of fun. It was directed by Vincent D'Onofrio and Sam Bisbee did the soundtrack. I was lucky enough to meet them both at a Q&A after the movie and the gentleman who plays the killer in the movie is a friend of mine on Facebook. Also Tim Lajcik is a super nice guy.

I could go on but these are my favorites. They are all oldies except the last one. If you enjoy campy then please check out DGITW because it is great.

Have a spooky Friday y'all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment