Monday, September 22, 2014

Just another Manic Monday!



I wanted to knock out this post a bit early because this Monday is going to be absolutely crazy! I am coming to you on Sunday night from Southeast Texas while taking a break from the homework that threatens to envelope me. Don't get me wrong, it is good stuff and necessary for my career but I am human and I get overwhelmed too. I won't lie and tell you that I am not a total procrastinator because I can be. I think the coolest thing this semester is having a project that is done in pieces that we will be pulling together for a presentation and paper at the end of the course. I just finished a rather difficult assignment in which we had to video ourselves giving informed consent to a client, watch it, and write up a critique of our performance. Informed consent is a document(s) that we must give to our clients informing them of the instances where confidentiality can be breached. It is very important to be completely up front about this with you clients or you could risk losing their trust along with your license. It was an interesting assignment. I hate watching myself but I honestly forgot that I was watching myself after a few minutes and ended up being able to give and honest critique. At least I felt it was honest. This assignment did help to alleviate some of my anxiety about this class though. I wish that every bit of this stuff came easy to me but if it did then school would almost be a waste. Also, I would be entirely too bored.

So, tell us about your life? Your challenges? Also, what would you like to see on the blog? What would help you?

If you would like us to set up a blog email address where you could email us and it not be totally public since we do not allow anonymous comments then let us know that too!

Love and peace to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment