Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday Five

From deep in the heart of the Gulf Coast of Texas!

Five things that I am done with from Summer-

1. MOSQUITOS! Seriously, they are more blood thirsty then the Lost Boys!(Younger readers think Twilight but NOT sparkly and MUCH cooler than Edward)

2. Extreme heat indexes. Dry heat, moist heat whatever! I get out of the car after waiting an hour to pick up the kids and I look like crap. Under my twins is wet and I look like I had an accident which is the icing on the migraine that comes if I get too hot.

3. Sweating like crazy while trying to cook dinner.

4. Rain storms that come out of nowhere and stop just as suddenly leaving it hotter and stickier than before.

5. Not being able to get comfortable because there are only so many pieces of clothes that I can take off to cool down.

Five of my NUMEROUS favorite things about Fall-

1. Beef stew, Chili, Turkey Taco soup....

2. Sitting outside on the deck in my UT sweatshirt, shorts, and a mug of hot tea or apple cider. Sometimes we even sit out there with a mug of tomato basil soup.

3. Cold Fronts. The storms that blow in and cool things down.

4. Driving with the windows down and not sweating.

5. Thanksgiving!! Seriously, we make a few turkeys a year but the best time to make them is when it is chilly. I love to make turkey and stuffing with gravy and even more than that I love the leftovers. Turkey soup, turkey divan, turkey and dumplings... YUM

BONUS

Pumpkin Spice and Chai Tea Lattes
The crispness of the air and the smell of fireplaces!

No comments:

Post a Comment