Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Wordless Wednesday.... NAH! Wonderland Wednesday? OK Christmas Crack candy AKA Savory Saturday on Wednesday

I really was going to wait until Saturday to do some recipes but I really don't want to. So I am going to bring you some yummy recipes today. Or at least the one I have finished!

Crock pot Christmas Crack Candy

1- 16 oz jar dry roasted peanuts unsalted
1- 16 oz jar dry roasted peanuts salted
1- 12 oz bag semi sweet chocolate chips
1- 12 oz bag milk chocolate chips
2- 10 oz bag peanut butter chips
2- 1 lbs packages of vanilla candy coating or white almond bark

Layer all ingredients in a large crockpot (starting with peanuts). Turn the pot on low, cover with lid, and leave sitting for 2 hours. Then, remove lid and stir to combine. Replace lid and leave sitting for another 30 minutes. Stir again and then spoon mixture on to wax paper or non-stick aluminum foil. Allow to harden for at least 1 hour. Enjoy!

OK, now pay attention! My crock pot cooks at an extremely hot heat even on LOW. My first batch last year burned. This year I stirred it after an hour. I stirred again after 30 minutes, and once more after 15 more minutes. I still had a small area of burning but last year I lost half the dang pot so I was happy. My advice is to let it go about 1 hour 5 minutes and stir. Then stir again every 15 minutes if you have a finicky crockpot like me. I also advise you to use a slow cooker liner for easy clean up. This stuff is yummy.

To answer the next question- yes, you can probably use any nuts that you want. My youngest is allergic to tree nuts so we stuck to peanuts.


No comments:

Post a Comment