Monday, December 8, 2014

Savory Sat... Sing Along Sun.... Well Monday Madness??

Since I missed the weekend posts, I suppose I will use today to catch up. So for Savory Saturday I will post my stuffing recipe because it is delicious and always in demand. Then I will tickle your ears with a little KT Tunstall for Sunday delights. All of this goodness on a Monday just for you!!

Here we go..

Best Bread Stuffing

This is just like my Grandma made hers but without raw egg... I love it! The kids love it! And it is fun to make with the kids. BONUS! It is even more of a bonus if you are like me and hate anyone in your cooking space.

3/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 1/2 cups chopped celery (with leaves)
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 cup butter
9 cups soft bread cubes
2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons dried sage
1/4 teaspoon ground sage
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper

Directions:


1

Cook and stir onion and celery in butter in 10 to 12 inch skillet until onion is tender. Stir in about 1/3 of the bread cubes. Turn into a deep bowl. Add remaining ingredients; toss. Stuff turkey just before roasting. 9 cups stuffing.


2

STUFFING BALLS: Shape stuffing by 1/2 cupfuls into balls; place in greased baking dish. Cover and cook in 325 degree F oven 30 minutes. Uncover and cook 15 minutes longer. 10 Stuffing Balls.


3

NOTE: To make Corn Bread Stuffing, you can substitute corn bread cubes for the soft bread cubes.


4

Tip for freezing for Thanksgiving/Christmas:.


5

NOTE: The unbaked stuffing mixture will freeze great in containers or freezer bags to serve later. To reheat: Thaw and bake it in a greased dish, (rather than in the bird)at 350°F until golden brown on top (about 30 minutes covered, then uncover and bake for 15 minutes more). Don't over bake!


SING ALONG SUNDAY!

My friend, Leisa Heitman, turned mw on to KT Tunstall years ago. Leisa passed on a few years ago from cancer but KT still makes me smile, sing along, and think of my fellow Texas Belle and Monkee Pal.



And the song that I fell in love with from KT:



This song makes me think of the one Ex who asked me to marry him and I said no. Something inside me knew that he wasn't the one for me. Good thing too because I found the one for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment