Monday, December 22, 2014

Manic Monday....School's out for Winter Break. Hmm wonder why they call it break??

I love my kids. Everyone knows this. I know every mom will understand my pain here as well. I dread these breaks. I hate to say it, because again, I LOVE my kids. I don't know what I would do, or where I would be without them. But FUCK! 2 weeks of kids being home 24/7 is going to put me in the mad house!
I just recently started getting Saturday and Sunday's off from work. 2 days in a row, and on the weekend at that! How freakin awesome is that!? Ummmm pretty freakin awesome! I've finally paid my dues, I'm manager, and I deserve to have the weekends off right!? YEAH! However, 2 whole days, with no break from the kids, ummm, yeah. I yearn for Monday. How sad is it that I look forward to work to relax? I need a fucking vacation YO, and after these next 2 weeks, I'm thinking the looney bin might be where I end up, BY CHOICE!
We are staying with family right now, due to some unfortunate circumstances at my apartment. Once I get my tax return, we are going to FINALLY get us a house. In the meantime however we are fortunate enough to have family that is willing to put up with this brood! But being in someone elses house makes the usual stress multiply by about 479%! So this upcoming break, even though the kids are ecstatic to not have school, is stressing me out beyond the usual mommy stress. And it hasn't even started yet!!
So I am very excited about Christmas, and doing our special family traditions that we have started since being a family sans a daddy. I love to see the excitement in their eyes when they see the lights, and opening up our Christmas Jammies on Christmas eve. Plus the baby is old enough to actually start getting excited over some of this as well. I am just hoping that I make it through the rest of this otherwise, crazy, stupid year. Anyone who has a moment, please pray that I don't go "postal" before I can send them back to school. I just hope we all make it through these last few weeks without any casualties.
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, and a fun filled Christmas break! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment