Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sing Along Sunday- I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more...

This song is for my nephew Joshua Mark. He is a cuddle bug, he is his own person even at 3, he is funny, and he is LOVED!


Someone hurt him. Someone who was supposed to care for him. Someone who claimed to love him and his brother and wanted to raise them. She tried to cover it up with a ridiculous story to his Mama but Mama is smart. His Mama knew that someone had hurt him and she did everything right. The law in Nebraska says that because this person has no record THERE she can do diversion and have it expunged. There will be no trace for her next victim. The other option was probation which lets her walk free with no therapy, no classes, no nothing but the idea that someone is watching.

Joshie Mark gave me my nickname, Auntie Carriebobeary. He loves me even though mostly it is from Facebook pictures and posts and chats and not getting to snuggle me in person. This does not dampen the love that I have for him, his brother, or his Mama at all. In fact, it strengthens it because even though we don't see each other every day they are always in my heart.

I had a dream last night that ended with me lying on a couch reading books and Joshie came up and asked, "What you doing?" When I told him that I was reading a book he took one of the 3 (?) I had and crawled up on the couch to snuggle me and 'read' with me. Best way to wake up to the fact that it will be a bit longer until I can snuggle Joshie Mark in person.

I feel like I have known his Mama for lifetimes. The line for how I feel about his family is from a Mary Lambert song, " How did I miss you when I didn't know you?" These guys make my world (and the world period) a better place.

So to Mama, Stomp, & Joshie Mark:

I have loved you for thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more!

I present the talented, impeccable, and adorable John Barrowman, MBE!



If you live in Texas and suspect abuse here is the information on who to call! Reports made through this web site take up to 24 hours to process. Call the Texas Abuse Hotline at 1-800-252-5400 if
•You believe your situation requires action in less than 24 hours.
•You prefer to remain anonymous.
•You have insufficient data to complete the required information on the report.
•You do not want an e-mail to confirm your report.


If you want to email your report is you may go to the following website:
https://www.txabusehotline.org/Login/Default.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment