Saturday, March 7, 2015

Savory Saturday: Easiest Pulled Pork EVAH

Seriously y'all! I got this from the Cooking Light Magazine and it is easy, yummy, and stress free. OK, well, not totally stress free. The slab o'pork I bought was finicky about fitting in my crockpot today but when you find a Boston pork butt for $10 for 9lbs of meat perfect for this dish you buy it.

So, here is the recipe:

Crock Pot BBQ pulled pork

What you need:

Your favorite cut of pork. I have used pork loin and this time I am using Boston pork butt because it was on sale. You can use tenderloin but the fattier cuts make for moist meat.

You favorite root beer. We used Barq's because it has a bit more 'bite'

A crock pot large enough to fit your cut of meat.

How it is done:

Put pork in crock pot fat side up. If there is not a dedicated fat side then the fattier side to help keep the meat moist.

Cover with root beer. I used 3 cans in my 9lb meat .

Cook  depending on your schedule. Today I am cooking on high for 6 hours but I have a large cut of mostly frozen meat. Usually I would cook on low for 8-10 hours with a pork loin.

When it is done, you take the meat out of the root beer and shred it with a fork. Add BBQ sauce to your tastes.

Serve however you want. We make pulled pork sandwiches and usually serve it with baked beans and chips. It makes for a great weeknight dinner when you are busy or even a great weekend dinner for company.



1 comment:

  1. I am going to try this. Boston butt is on sale this week at Smith's (Kroger). Thank's Carrie!

    ReplyDelete