Saturday, September 5, 2015

Happy 12th Anniversary

We met in High School JROTC in 1992 & were the best of friends for years. We got to know one another as adults in 2002 and the rest is in progress...

September 6, 2003 is the day that I married my best friend. It wasn't everything that I imagined at all. At best I wanted a white wedding gown and the whole shebang but when it came down to the wire it didn't go that way. Razark and I were planning a Fall ceremony at The Texas Renaissance festival but a few things were preventing that. 1) I would be 8 months pregnant with our first son. 2) My sister would be in Kuwait helping our soldiers while working with AAFES. So we had to scramble. My sister had a short stateside pass and I couldn't get married without her. My worst enemy and biggest defender. The girl I cannot imagine living without. No way. We decided to do The Harmony Wedding Chapel on I45 in Houston. I wore a maternity dress which turns out to be my only regret about our wedding day. I really wish that I had bought a wedding dress instead.
12 years later and Razark and I have 4 boys. I married Red and Gamer with my husband and we added The Little Professor and The Little Prince over the last 12 years. We have moved 4 hours to be near our families, separated, reunited, and changed cities and jobs. Razark got his Bachelors degree in computer science, I got my Associate's of Art in General Studies and started my Bachelors of Social Work. We have been on top of the world and knocked on our asses but we have made it.
I cannot see myself on this ride with anyone else no matter how frustrated that I get with this life. When the poop hits the fan he is always my first call and when I need support he is the first at my side and the last to leave. I love you, Razark. Thank you for this life, your love, and these 4 AMAZING boys. Thank you to his family for accepting me into their family despite my character flaws and for loving me too.
Happy 12th Anniversary Honey! I look forward to the next chapter with you and the boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment